I’m dreaming of my next future destinations.. because someone gave me funds to dream ;D
Spain has a very big influence in the Philippies because it was once a Spanish colony. You can see it thru the churches and some colonial architectures like Intramuros. My middle name is also of Spanish origin.
And I will have this affinity as an excuse for me to travel in Spain. ;D
So without further ado, here are my plans when I set foot in that country:
0. I will visit religious sites and pay tribute to the country who has brought us my religion.. Its nice that Christianity, specifically Roman Catholism was bought to the Philippines, otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to have a cross cultural immersion.. My first international friends are because of my affinity to this religious organization.. so Im grateful. I appreciate other religions too, guess that’s the colors of life.
1. Taste spanish cuisine. Whenever I look at articles about Spain, food of all variety are posted everywhere in the article.. Pulpo a la gallega looks interesting…
2. Spain is the second most mountainous country in Europe.. so it is full of high mountains and ski resort.. not really into trekking, more of stting in coffee shops or relaxing in my apartment so I’ll just take pictures of beautiful mountains.
3. Visit Andalusia, this place was mentioned in a very famous book of Paolo Coelho, Alchemist.. I’m such a fan of the book and I cant wait to step foot on a place my favorite author has made as a setting of a great novel.
4. Visit Monastery of Las Decalzas Reales in Madrid,. Joan of Austria, founded this convent of nuns of the Poor Clare order in 1559. The convent attracted young widowed or spinster noblewomen. Each woman brought with her a dowry so the riches quickly piled up, and the convent was once one of the richest convents in all of Europe.. not anymore though.
So those are in my list of to-do when I go to Spain, did I miss anything?