I’m not traveling so much lately.. just travel to the super market and back.. and yeah lately, I had a misadventure in the hospital but that’s another story. :D
So I cant wait for next month! Where I travel to another country again! I’ll be contributing to air pollution, and thinning of the ice in the arctic ocean in my own small way but I promise to travel responsibly.
I know the best is yet to come and I believe the half part of this year is just the beginning of more awesomeness :D..
So what are my plans for Hong Kong:
1. Visit Antonella, a dear friend who was in charge of me when I was a hard headed Gen in Tagaytay last 2005.. I just graduated my Masters that time so you know, the ego was very high.. but I have changed and I’ll show her my halo (disguised as crown of thorns) when we finally get to meet :D..
and yes, I’m also helping her promote her paintings.. this is perfect display for coffee shops, hotels and restaurants.. let me know if you want to order ^_^.. More info at http://antoartworks.weebly.com/
2. Hunt Coffee Shops and restaurants and do some Food Adventure! I dont want to just eat and take picture of the food.. I’m hoping to learn how to cook some local food too! So far, I know how to cook some Thai, Korean, Indonesian food already.. I aint a perfect cook but i do practice :D.. who wants to have some cooking session with me in HK?
UPDATE: I’m reading about r66 rotating restaurant that turns around every 66 minutes.. located on the 62nd floor of the “Hopewell Centre” on Hong Kong Island.. I wish to go there! and order iced tea or coffee and sip every 15 minutes so I can stay for 3 hours :D
But if its too expensive, I’ll just go to another lesser expensive country with a rotating restaurant. *sigh*
Dining at victoria peak seems nice too… hmm.. let me see where’s the best place to order coffee and stay for 3 hours when i get there.
3. I’m gonna visit the space museum. Have you heard of the mission to Mars where they send people a one way ticket to that planet? Well… I’m not participating :D.. I’ll just content myself with visiting space museums at the moment.. but for those of you who had enough contribution to the destruction of Mother Earth, you may want to check out Mars, we’ll be glad to send you off.
4. I want to visit the Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery.. And ride the cable car! hmm I know there are lots of monasteries and buddhas in Asia.. so not much excited to see this. But we’ll see. I’m looking forward to the cable car ride though!
5. I want to shop.. but on a wee budget, can someone please tell me where to haggle electronics? My laptop is dying a slow death on me. I need a new one :(
6. I also plan to design itineraries for independent travelers so for establishments who wants to be included in the plan, please drop me a note.
So far, I’ve got 3 places to stay… It’s my first time to use AirBNB and it got me a 58$/ P2378 deal for 2 nights in a hostel.. And I’ll be couchsurfing with a former CBS producer on my last stay.. The other place where I’ll spend a night will be revealed later on.. Plan is getting awesome! ^_^
This is just a draft list and we’ll see if there are additions/deletions in the original plan. Any other recommendations? ^_^
Disneyland is not on my list.. coz everyone goes there :D.. well maybe I’ll go there when I bring small kids in the family clan next time coz I still have to fulfill the role of being an awesome Aunt. But for now, I just want to have an awesome trip. ^_^ That’s not a hard wish, aint it? ^_^
Next Topic: More interviews from awesome travel friends, Relocation to another part of the Philippines, Visiting friends in Vietnam and more..