I used to be a city dweller. Those were the days where I’m always on the run and busy.. And I need not worry on staying out late at night because there is always transportation available, I guess that’s the perks of living in the city.
And for those who are new to Metro Manila and would like to explore on a budget.. try these:
1. People watch. Most of the people in the Philippines migrate to Metro Manila in search of jobs and to study because most opportunities are found in the Metro. So if you don’t find people in the province, go to Metro Manila… and watch them go about their daily routine ^_^… It’s kinda amusing specially if you’re the creative type and would invent stories in your head :D
2. Watch a free movie. Recently, there were free french movies being shown at Shangri La Mall in Edsa.. Yeah its a posh mall but it offers freebies too ^_^.. not everyday though.. just watch out for their announcement.
3. Walk in the park. My favorite one is Rizal Park in Luneta and in Greenbelt in Makati.. It’s like a temporary escape from the hustle and bustle of the Metro.
Now if you have a little moolah to spend:
4. Eat out at night markets. When a Thai friend of mine visited the Philippines, we went out at a night market at Metrowalk, Pasig City named Il Mercanti. The food are a variety of foreign and local foods, the prices were reasonable too
5. Hire a pedicab and tour Intramuros at night. This is what me and a German friend did recently.. Pedicab tours offer 200 pesos for 30 mins tour.. We ended up paying 400 pesos after 2 hours and felt ripped off at some point so you need to negotiate well. You just have to bear with the pedicab driving in the middle of manila traffic at night with all the pollution from cars and jeepneys but if you’re still alive after, consider that an adventure. :D
Metro Manila traffic is kinda overwhelming at times.. specially that I spent most of my times in far flung provinces.. Good thing I got a sponsored facial, diamond peel, and one hour massage from Perps Medspa, I was able to relax and rejuvenate and bear with the stress of Manila traffic and pollution.
Perps MedSpa is located along Zapote-Alabang Road in Las Pinas City and it’s in the same compound as with the University of Perpetual Help DALTA Medical Center. You may call Perps MedSpa at 874-8515 loc. 724 to schedule for a massage and facial… Now that is what you call good karma in the works ;)
If you know of other ways to explore Metro Manila on a budget, please contribute and comment away ^_^