you're reading...

Bohol, Frugal Travel Tips, homestay, Miss Adventure Travels, Philippines, What to do in Bohol

Cheap Budget Accommodations in Bohol

Where to stay in Bohol? Here’s a collaborative effort of the CS(Couch Surfing) Community in Bohol on budget accommodations and hope they will help you out. Feel free to suggest accommodations that you think is useful too.

Try homestays. This is where travelers get to stay in local communities instead of in hotels.. this is a great way to contribute your money towards communities instead of paying hotels. Check out flipflop tours in Anda and Doljo as suggested by Anna Cleal

On the other hand, Kate Jaffe suggested this:
“In Alona – Citadel Alona. In Loboc – Nuts Huts for the backpackers. In Tagbilaran – well… depends on what you can handle for “cheapest”. We tell other Peace Corps volunteers to stay at Marbella Pension on Galleres, across from HNU, for a nice, clean, but inexpensive place to stay”

Barkada Jane also contributed this:
Coco Farm in Panglao has dorm beds for 350 with breakfast. free pick-up/drop off from airport/pier. Also have tents”.. I visited Coco Farm and it is indeed impressive and worth your buck.

While DJ Yabis raves about The Bottlehouse and Casa Nova… DJ is the Pinoy gypsetter that traveled Europe thru scholarship.. and in fairness, he’s got great negotiation skills too ^_^

Updated:This is the website of Casa Nova

This is the room in the bottlehouse:

Budget accommodation price ranges from 350 – 450 pesos while Casa Nova offers the cheapest I found so far in Alona which starts at 800 pesos for a double bed aircon room (if you negotiate it right ^_^)

Personally, I recommend Flipflop’s homestays, Casa Nova, and Nisa Travelers Inn for budget travelers because I have experience them myself and my friends recommend it too.

So.. if you know any great budget accommodations here in Bohol, please comment in so I can update this post for the benefit of all ^_^

**this is not a paid post except maybe with Anna as she is helping me out with Cafe Etcetera too, but nevertheless Im still an advocate of homestays.

Previous Topic:
Next Topic:

Discussion

37 Responses to “Cheap Budget Accommodations in Bohol”

1. meron bang Php200 or less lang?
    or pwede din mag CS nlang ako sa bohol when i get there

Posted by journeyingjames | March 5, 2012, 3:45 pm
    • meron James pero hndi ko recommended.. un tapat ng Nisa Travelers Inn. Syempre quality pa din ang standards natin ^_^.. I know a good hearted CS in Bohol. I’ll be in my favorite island end of this month again. Meetup?

Posted by grasya | March 6, 2012, 3:04 am
  2. Hi meron ka contact number sa Coco Farm in Panglao?
    we’re going to bohol this nov. 8th-11th, we’re looking for acheap budget accom. Thanks!

Posted by Jay | September 16, 2012, 1:32 pm
  3. also casa nova? thanks for writing this blog :)

Posted by Jay | September 16, 2012, 1:52 pm
  4. I do know a place in tagbilaran. Its a boarding house offering transient rooms or even a transient house. But the house is different from the room. The house have 2 bedrooms and is fully furnished and you are allowed to cook since they provide a gas and a stove. They charge 2,000 per night good for 8 persons. But per room i think it can accomodate upto 6 or 7 persons for big groups. Their rooms are much cheaper, they have a Big room that can acomodate 6-8 persons they charge 200 per head min of 3 persons, a small room that can accomodate 3-4 persons, they charge 150 per head min of 2 persons. Their facebook account is bohol transients or you may contact them thru their mobile +639177000821

Posted by philip | January 19, 2013, 6:36 pm
  5. hi,

can u send me a qoute for 3d2n stay in bohol. july 6-8. good for 6 pax.
    mas cheap mas okay. pero comfortable.

Posted by sarah | February 1, 2013, 4:48 am
  6. Hi, do you know a place thats’s “on a budget” where 6 persons could stay? preferably a big family room that is not that far from both the beaches and the metro. thanks!

Posted by Benj | March 19, 2013, 11:30 pm
    • hmm not sure about that coz i travel solo in Bohol so most of my posts are for solo travelers. however, try bohol transients daw.. havent been there but you can try to look at it. Bohol Coco Farm also have family rooms, cheers

Posted by admin | March 21, 2013, 8:08 am
  7. Hi, my friend and I are going to Bohol this July. Maybe you could give me a suggestion where we can stay and also have package tour (on a budget). Thanks in advance! :)

Posted by Yhan | March 30, 2013, 5:01 am
  8. Hi! How bout for econo tour package.. wat wud u suggest

Posted by gerand | July 11, 2013, 2:09 pm
  9. Hi Thanks for the post but I don’t know why you say 800 pesos is budget. On Alona beach the have great appartments for 800. Budget in the Phillliines is around 200 to 300 pesos for double rooms. Cheapest we found so far is 150 for a double room.

Kind regards,

A Dutch backpacking duo

Posted by Wouter | December 20, 2014, 12:11 am
    • I created the blogpost last 2012 so that was the cheapest I found so far that time.. If there are dorms and hostels in Alona beach that accepts 200-300 pesos now, then that’s already awesome ^_^

Posted by grasya | December 25, 2014, 12:02 pm
  10. Hi ill be travelling to bohol soon, just want to ask if you know cheap accomodations/homestays but clean and comfortable. im on a tight budget.Thanks

Posted by jel | February 25, 2015, 6:59 am
  11. we are going to bohol next year naka bili kc ako ng sale plane ticket, may mga suggestion po ba kayo na pede namin matirhan and also iterinary for the whole vacation po dadating kami ng tagbilaran airport ng 3pm we will be there by sunday afternoon to wed afternoon, we are 2 adults and 4 kids ages 9,8,8,(twins),6.
    thank you for your comments.

Posted by ghie | March 24, 2015, 6:55 am
  12. hi! ano po murang transient house for a solo traveller sa bohol.. will visit next month po.

Posted by Aming Heyres | October 6, 2015, 10:35 pm
  13. hi! ano po murang transient house for a solo traveller sa bohol.. will visit next month po. please respond…

Posted by Aming Heyres | October 6, 2015, 10:36 pm
  14. I don’t like the name “grasya” “this grasya on the road”

Posted by Mateo | January 31, 2016, 3:19 pm
  15. you can add “Alona hummocks” in Alona beach. 250 pesos for a hummock and breakfast. a nice relaxed place with a freindly owner.

Posted by Ido | February 16, 2016, 2:14 am
  16. Gud pm!ano po cheap transient house for a solo traveller sa bohol, tagbilaran? please rply po. thank you and God bless!

Posted by Jonah | March 10, 2016, 6:47 am
    • i have tried Bohol coco farm and philippine homestays in Panglao, Bohol.. not sure kung cheap pa sila ngayon though..

Posted by grasya | March 15, 2016, 7:49 am
      • Hi!we’re planning to hav a tour in bohol by 2nd week of april.A complete family compose of 10 with one child.Can you give me a best recommendation where the best place to stay? But I prefer a transient house near to the city.
        Thnx

Posted by gfabroa | March 20, 2016, 3:45 pm
  17. Meron ba kayong monthly room for rent good for 3 persons ages 37, 16 and 17?

Posted by Rose | April 1, 2016, 7:27 am
  18. mron po b kaung mairecommend n budget accomodation in tagbilaran or nearest.good for 6 person. 4 adults & 2 children. june 6-10, 2016.

Tnx

Posted by Onofre | May 17, 2016, 8:52 pm
  19. Hi I am a solo female traveler looking for a cheap place to stay in Anda Bohol. Any suggestions? I plan to stay for one night lang in December. I tried to click the link that you posted kaya lang it’s not accessible anymore. Appreciate your suggestions.

Posted by Athena | November 27, 2016, 9:31 am
    • i’ve never slept in Anda, Bohol so can’t recommend a place.. but once you’re in Bohol island, try to do homestays in the places I’ve mentioned then ask around for recommendations over there. Have fun and stay safe

Posted by grasya | December 4, 2016, 2:24 am
  20. good day..im looking for s budget room good for 3 pax this coming march 31 good for 2 nights..i am girl an a student

Posted by blessyl gorre | March 4, 2017, 2:55 am